Goods that fall within the following tariff classifications have been categorised as target risk goods and are only subject to increased onshore intervention through random inspection. Mandatory treatment is not required.
- 27 – Mineral fuels, mineral oils and products of their distillation; bituminous substances; mineral waxes
- 28 – Inorganic chemicals; organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals, of rare-earth metals, of radioactive elements or of isotopes – including sub chapters I, II, III, IV and V
- 29 – Organic chemicals – including sub chapters I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII and XIII
- 38 – Miscellaneous chemical products
- 39 – Plastics and articles thereof – – including sub chapters I and II
- 40 – Rubber and articles thereof
- 48 – Paper and paperboard; articles of paper pulp, of paper or of paperboard
- 49 – Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
- 56 – Wadding, felt and nonwovens; special yarns; twine, cordage, ropes and cables and articles thereof
For all other goods that are not categorised as target high risk and target risk goods, BMSB seasonal measures do not apply. However, if they are part of a container or consignment that contains target high risk or target risk goods, they will be subject to the measures.